Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pulse of the World


     "We need the sea.  We need a place to stand and touch and listen - to feel the pulse of the world as the surf rolls in."                David Brower


    On Sunday, RR and I got out of town - something which we too rarely do.  We didn't go far but, in fact, we went to a whole different world.  We drove down to Pt Reyes National Seashore - about an hour south of our town.  It is a stunningly beautiful national treasure. Even my unwelcome sidekicks Stress and Tension took a hike while I was there.

    I was dazzled by the fall light.  We have been thoroughly socked in with fog and I was pleasantly surprised to see the fog and the sun dancing.  This was not one of those low cloud kind of days.  Oh no.  This was a sun-shines-bright-but-right-over-there-the-fog-completely-obscures-the-cliffs kind of day.  

   I took over 350 photos and had an uber hard time narrowing them down for this post.  I was just so taken with the colors, the intensity, the beauty of the day.  Feel free to browse and feel the breeze.  If you listen carefully you can hear the seagulls screeching.  I thought about giving you stuff to read along with it but no.  You won't want to be distracted by words.



























































 


17 comments:

  1. Breathtakingly beautiful! Thank you. It brings back memories of trips to the west coast and drives along the sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I have never lived more than a 45 minute drive from the Pacific Ocean - I don't know what I would do without it.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures. You really captured the essence of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kiddo! YOU guys were so lucky to have lived in Mendocino all those years back!

      Delete
  3. So gorgeous. It's always nice to start my day out with a little oceanic envy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I noted to Lynda above, I can't imagine not living close to the ocean. There is something powerful and yet soothing about the sea.

      Delete
  4. If you could see my face right now you'd see that it is VERY GREEN!!! Gorgeous!!! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy! Yes, I am lucky in many ways - the proximity to the ocean being only one!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful Point Reyes! What great photos. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like an incredible place and the beautiful photos confirm this. Hopefully I'll get up that far north one day.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you never been this far north, Lee? It's a whole different scene in so many ways than the SoCal beaches.

      Delete
  7. Nice - we don't have views like that here in the desert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO, but you have other cool (or hot) views. I've never been to Las Vegas but I am willing to check it out someday.

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous! I went to Pt Reyes once when I was a teenager. It was foggy and gray so I didn't get to observe the beauty you've shared here. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Foggy and gray is the typical day on the NorCal Coast -- there are windows of sunshine in September/ October and again in January/February. The rest of the year? Yup - gray, fogy, but still beautiful in the powerful way that the ocean has of being beautiful.

      Delete