Saturday, June 25, 2011

Life Lessons by Lulu


Heya, World!

   It's me, Lulu!  I've been on this planet for about nine weeks but I have a  lot to tell you. See how cute I am?  I didn't do anything to get that way.  I just am.  Just like you. I am what I am and I am proud of it.  See me strut my stuff!   Take a lesson!  Be proud of who you are!

     I am fascinated with  this world.  I  have big eyes that want to take in every inch of it. There is so much to see, so much to explore.  I kick around every leaf, every spider, every piece of discarded paper.  I don't want to be mean - especially not to that spider - I just want to see what will happen.  I want to see what they will do.  I want to look under, over, and very closely at every glint that catches my eye.  And you want to know the funny thing?  It doesn't matter how many times I have already looked at that leaf or how many times I have batted that paper towel roll around.  It is still fun to do it again!  Sometimes I even catch on to something I hadn't noticed before.



    Don't get me wrong though.  I am not irresponsible or careless.  I know it is good to be a bit cautious.  Take chances in life, sure!  Be bold!  Be daring!  But don't be stupid.  It's okay to watch the world for a while, to plan your next move. Sometimes it is actually far more satisfying to be an observer rather than a participant.  Sometimes I can learn a lot by watching.  And sometimes I can be so entertained just by watching you humans.  You act so goofy at times.  You make faces at me or at each other.  You jump around trying to impress me or maybe trying to get attention from each other.  You yell at those boxes in your living room and you make your fingers dance all over that thing on the table.  You clean off tables and counters with a sponge and then you throw colors all over a big piece of paper and act proud of yourselves.  Sometimes you laugh at the oddest things and then sometimes you cry when no one else is there.  You get up early and play with me but then, just when the fun is really getting going, you leave and spray water all over yourself.  Yes, you are so funny!





 I do like to explore stuff.  I wonder why this thing with the black squares takes so much of your time?  and who is that other kitty who comes around when the black squares are open?










   I like toes a lot.  Actually, I like human beings a lot.  I like how you smell and I like how you let me cuddle up to you.  I don't understand why you humans don't do more of that?  Why don't you always rest in each others' arms?



    Inside or outside, there is much to see in your world.  One of my favorite things to do is to sit in the window and watch the leaves and the dogs next door.  I don't have to move much.  I am safe behind
the glass.  And it is warm and sunny here too.



    I like to play explorer and under the table is  cool.
No one can find me here and they go crazy looking for me!  Fun!  I like to tease those silly humans!  They take life waaaaaaaay too seriously sometimes.  Life is short, silly humans.  Your brows get so furrowed and you seem so daunted sometimes by the future.  Really?  It's not that big a deal!  I've only been around for a while but I can tell you something important.  Everything will be okay in the end.  If it's not okay, it's not the end.  So there.

     Here's another bomb for you:  sleeping is good!
                                                                                                                                                                             

You humans work too hard.  Go! Go! Go!  You always have a to do list.  You get up early and immediately fly into motion.  And you run run run off to work, off to work out (huh?), off to do chores - go go go go go go go go - get my point?  Lighten up, silly people!  Slow down.  Take a moment.  It will make all the difference in the world.

    Speaking of working hard, I have had enough of this writing for now.  I am going to go nibble on some kibble and snooze while the sun is shining.  Meow meow for now!










3 comments:

  1. She is adorable...
    I wonder if she carries memories of warm summer days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is MAKING memories! The best!

    ReplyDelete