Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Everything Changes (again)

I know, I know, I've done this before but the truth in "everything changes" never ceases to amaze me.  I don't think I really got that idea until maybe 5 or 6 six years ago.  Before that time, I knew it on some level but not enough to really understand and accept it.  And it's not good or bad.  It just is.

                                                            Seasons turn,
                                                            bodies evolve
    and minds change.
   Attitudes adjust,
   families are born and die.
   Health comes and goes.
   So does love.
   Laugher one morning,
   tears the next.
   Awake and asleep,
   cranky and silly,
   alive and dead,
   everything changes.
   That's all that doesn't change.

1 comment:

  1. So true. And even though I know that, it gave me chills to read it. So my goal is to learn to embrace it. Learn to look forward to the changes and enjoy the ones that are enjoyable. Not easy but a worthy goal.

    ReplyDelete